Let’s admit winters is a time where we prefer our cosy blankets more than anything else. Even the most well groomed men take it easy in winters but one must not undermine the importance of Personal Grooming. Spending a little bit of time to groom yourself can potentially bring about a positive change. A well-groomed man will always feel good about himself which will indeed help him boost his confidence. But there are a few grooming mistakes that men might make specially in winters. We will guide you to avoid the following grooming mistakes this winter season.
1) Not Investing in a Lip Balm: No one likes dry chapped lips but more often than not men don’t do anything about it. Dry lips can make even the most well groomed men look shabby. Investing in a good lip balm is the way to go. There is a huge variety available in the market these days. Make sure to reapply the lip balm several times a day to keep your lips looking soft and luscious. Niveya lip balm, Himalaya lipbalm and Kama Ayurveda are our top 3 picks for good lip balms.
2 ) Avoiding Manicures and Pedicures : For the longest time there has been a myth that only women visit salons but times are changing and so should you. Manicures and pedicures are equally important for both men and women. People don’t adore unkempt hands and smelly feet so it’s better take a pay visit to the salon atleast once a month. We would recommend you to book your salon appointment soon. Out top picks for salon are Geetanjali Salon, Looks and Truefitt & Hill.
3) Not applying sunscreen: Most people ease up the use of sunscreen during winters as they feel that they are not going to get sunburns but this is a myth. In reality the UV rays are harmful all year round and you are more likely to get sunburnt in winters so it is crucial to incorporate sunscreen in your daily routine. If you want to avoid the hassle of applying sunscreen separately then investing in a moisturizer with SPF is a good option. Our top picks are Neutrogena Utra Sheer Dry Touch , Natural Sun Protection Kama Ayurveda, Khadi Meghdoot sunscreen.
4) Neglecting regular haircuts : A good haircut can definitely change the way a man looks but many people don’t realize the importance of regular haircuts. Regular haircut ensures that your hair stays healthy and you end up looking neat and tidy. Ideally you should go for haircuts after every 3-4 weeks. Our Top picks are B Blunt salon, Toni & Guy, Adara Salon
5) Avoiding moisturization : Hydrating your skin is essential especially in winters. Your skin gets dry and flaky in winters so moisturizing your skin is crucial. Applying moisturizers not only hydrates your skin but also prevents your skin from looking dull. Investing in a good moisturizer according to your skin type is a must to ensure better results and ideally one should apply moisturizer twice a day. Our Top picks : Jergens Utlra Healing for dry skin, Vaseline Aloe Fresh for oily skin type, Beardo Ultraglow all in 1 lotion for normal skin type.
6) Not applying Deodorants : Body odour bad is such a huge turn off but since we don’t sweat in winters we often forget to use deodorants which is such a huge mistake. In order to smell nice and fresh one must always use a deo after shower and keep reapplying it all through out the day. Our top picks are Enggage Deo Spray, Nike Deo Spray, Fogg Deo for men.
So now that you are aware of your grooming mistakes it’s time to ditch your cosy blankets and work towards looking more well groomed and sharp for your next big event. Now since you know how to look well groomed why don’t you level up your style game? For styling consultation write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 9810000799